General Foreman – New Castle, PA
Location: New Castle, PA
ACV Enviro offers a broad range of environmental services from industrial cleaning and emergency response to large scale site remediation projects. Our offices are strategically located in MA, CT, NJ, PA, DE and MD enabling us to serve both power generation utility companies as well as the refining industry along the northeast coast.
Serves as a working foreman of a crew of Chemical Technicians who remove and dispose of hazardous and non-hazardous materials, the foreman will be responsible for all onsite paperwork, meeting all safety requirements, prepare worksite to ensure safety of the public during the removal of the hazardous materials, conduct safety briefings, and monitors jobs to insure compliance with federal, state and local regulations. The foreman receives written and verbal assignments from a supervisor or project coordinator.
Candidates must have knowledge of:
- Hazardous materials (HAZMAT).
- Conducting safety briefings.
- Customer Interaction to ensure Customer Satisfaction.
- Hazardous and Non-hazardous Manifest’s and Bills of Lading.
- Proper PPE to be used with Hazardous Materials.
- Air monitoring systems.
- Working in Confined spaces.
- HAZMAT placarding and labeling.
- Operation of Generators, Power Washers, Pumps and Demo Saws.
- Must have ability to evaluate job site and scope of work, to address efficiency and safety concerns while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate safe work practices and avoid unsafe behaviors.
- Supervise small groups of hourly personnel in the completion of individual projects.
- Must have knowledge of PPE requirements and ensure compliance of the team.
- Ability to Set up and break down any job site.
- Monitors air to verify safe working environment during removal of hazardous materials.
- Able to work in extreme conditions, i.e. heat, cold.
- Must be clean shaven on a daily basis.
- High school graduate and/or GED equivalent required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
- Must be medically qualified to wear a respirator and able to obtain a satisfactory fit test for respirators.
- 40 hour HAZWOPER Certification and TWIC are a plus.
Wages & Benefits:
- Wages are based on experience and tenure.
- Anniversary dates will be dates of hire or promotion dates.
- Excellent benefit package including.
- Medical/dental/life insurance and 401K profit sharing plans.
- Respond to Hazardous Material/Hazardous Waste spills and releases. Organizes and manages the safe daily operation of emergency spill response, specific industrial cleaning and environmental projects.
Send all correspondence and resumes to:
201 S. 1st Street
Elizabeth, NJ 07206