Accountant – Avenel, NJ
Location: Avenel, NJ
- Heavily involved in month end close for multiple companies.
- Assist in the preparation, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Preparing monthly reports for Corporate Controller, Accounting Manager and management.
- Involved in year-end audit with outside accounting firm.
- Preparing Quarterly Sales Tax and other business reports as necessary.
- Communicating with Service Center Managers while reviewing month end statements.
- Follow tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Reconcile accounts to ensure accuracy for month-end close.
- Preparing sales commission for multi companies and multi plans.
- Workers comp cost analysis.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
Assist in budget preparation.
- Provide internal auditing services for multi-site corporation.
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Accounting Department.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Experience with month-end close and dealing with multiple companies.
- Experience with 4-4-5 accounting a plus.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
ACV is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors
Send all correspondence and resumes to:
1500 Rahway Avenue
Avenel, NJ 07001