Regional General Manager – Cleveland, OH
Job Title: Regional General Manager
Department: Industrial Services/Field Services
Reports To: Vice President of Industrial Services
Job Status: Exempt
Locations: Cleveland, OH
The Regional General Manager has responsibility for strategy, planning, and execution of critical sales, operations, and asset management initiatives for a multi-state region. Primary areas of focus include business development, revenue growth, cross- sell, asset utilization, competitor strategies, and any region-specific growth or cost improvement initiatives. This strategic and influential position has direct oversight of the regional Industrial Service sales, operations, and asset management functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Create annual strategy, goals, and business plan for multi-state region to drive improvements in growth, cross sell, asset utilization.
- Oversees monthly forum for General Managers spanning operations, sales, asset management and any other critical function designed to share information, ensure progress on key goals, identify regional priorities, and identify and resolve any barriers to success.
- Work with Vice President and other leaders across the business units to identify and deliver on specific cross-sell, business development, and market penetration initiatives.
- Identify new opportunities for multi-state region, and work with the Vice President as appropriate to follow through on opportunities.
- Report out to Executive Management on “State of the Region” to include performance vs. goals, key initiatives, competitive landscape, potential acquisition opportunities, and regional needs / help needed.
- Represent ACV Enviro as appropriate to key external region-specific stakeholders such as strategic customers, supplier/partners, community organizations, competitors and/or potential candidates.
- Provide coaching and performance feedback to members of the regional leadership team and their direct reports.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by Vice President and will be required by the needs of the Industrial Service business.
- Responsible for the regions profit and loss to include reporting and individual site performance.
- Ten years management experience in industrial services segment. Experience in transportation, recycling, hazardous waste treatment and disposal or hazardous waste management or otherwise in the environmental industry may also be acceptable.
- 4 year college degree preferred in either; Business management, marketing, industrial engineering, or 10+ years’ experience in the service industry.
- Experienced user of MS Office products; general familiarity and comfort with computerized systems/tools used for management controls and reporting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and work within a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and perform consistently.
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT and other regulations as apply to the industrial services business segment.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have good interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude at all times with General Managers, Managers, co-workers, visitors, customers and clients. Must be able to maintain high business ethics internally and externally. Provide leadership and lead by example at all times. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees as well to include corporate staff and executive management.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Handling of confidential information also applies.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel the phone console and use of a PC; ability to talk and hear; reaches with hands and arms with use of a step stool; occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds for movement of boxes, supplies or computers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Send all correspondence and resumes to:
1500 Rahway Avenue
Avenel, NJ 07001