Account Executive – Clayton, NJ
Job Title: Account Executive
Reports To: Area Sales Manager
Job Status: Exempt
Locations: Clayton, NJ
The primary purpose of the Account Executive position is to deliver profitable, incremental revenue to the region as well as developing and managing relationships with assigned accounts. The Account Executive function is to be the liaison between the corporate offices of top customers, target accounts and ACV Enviro’s entire organization. The Account Executive will drive ACV Enviro’s agenda at the highest possible levels within the customer’s organizational chart to facilitate the delivery of all service offerings.
The Account Executive will develop a strategic plan for each assigned account to serve as a roadmap for growth. As relationships and initiatives are developed, and is responsible for the clear and timely delivery of all business information to operations ensuring customer expectations are met or exceeded. The position includes developing and maintaining relationships with a variety of clientele including manufacturers, site owners, third party management companies, engineering/ consulting firms, general contractors and others to drive the success of the customer’s strategic plan. The Account Executive will work with local ACV Enviro’s management teams and operations to expand service offerings with assigned and target accounts. Those service lines include but are not limited to Industrial Services, Field Services, Emergency Response, Site Remediation, Waste Transportation and Disposal plus other project related engagements. The Account Executive is responsible for addressing and resolving issues that impact the progress of developing a mutually beneficial business relationship. These requirements are subject to change upon management direction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aggressively seek opportunities and develop new relationships to expand opportunities related to environmental remediation, waste disposal, hazardous waste disposal, and industrial services.
- Work in tandem with operations and the executive team to develop and present business solutions that consistently align with the strategic goals of the organization.
- Lead the pricing decisions that meet purchase order and invoicing requirements.
- Develop and coordinate responses to RFP, RFI and bids for assigned accounts.
- Expand market penetration in private and government services (GSA) market sectors by attracting new clients; maintain strong business relationships with current clients and consistently capitalize on opportunities for repeat business while fostering customer loyalty.
- Build and maintain an active list of companies and strategic prospects to generate continuous growth and continually expand the company’s client base.
- Weekly travel is required, with overnight travel as required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of related business development experience in environmental services, remediation, waste/hazardous waste transportation & disposal, and industrial cleaning.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A proven track record of generating new business opportunities in the Environmental Field.
- Strong technical expertise with an extensive understanding of environmental remediation, earthwork, and regulatory compliance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills and the ability to produce high quality, error free work in a fast paced work environment.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and possess both the desire and the ability to meet with clients and attend appropriate industry expos, conferences and networking events as needed.
- Must be able to obtain or have a Transportation Work Identification Credential (TWIC) card.
The Account Executive must have the ability to oversee senior management with a passion to help team members and clients reach prospected targets. Develop senior staff to the next level by ensuring assigned staff fully understand projects, providing effective feedback to staff (positive and critical), identifying and promoting growth opportunities for all. Promote a positive environment and work with firm management to address any issues that are creating barriers to an optimal work environment for all. Attend and actively participate in senior staff meetings, offering ideas, insights and recommendations on all topics that ultimately impact the overall quality of the organization. The Account Executive will expand and/or renew existing accounts and maintain an extensive network of nonprofit and foundation connections that can be tapped for new business outreach, issue expertise, etc. The Account Executive will develop relationships with other firms that are like-minded and suitable for/open to partnering with ACV Enviro.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Handling of confidential information also applies.
This position is exposed to maintenance areas subject to OSHA which include safety precautions.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Current Job Openings
The primary purpose of the Project Coordinator (PC) position is to understand the customer’s remediation and service needs as they relate to materials, personnel, equipment & documentation for remediation projects.Read More
The Regional Technical Services Manager supervises the day to day oversight of the field chemists team with in their defined territory of operations.Read More