The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the general accounting function including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account and bank reconciliations. Assist in providing day-to-day operational oversight of the accounting function and safeguards assets. Monitor financial performance and oversee the monthly close process effectively and efficiently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Heavily involved in posting general entries and month end close for multiple companies.
- Oversee/perform proper reconciliation of all G/L accounts and month-end and fiscal ending closing process.
- Preparing monthly reports for Corporate Controller, and senior management.
- Confirm proper treatment and compliance with all accounting transactions under US GAAP.
- Assist in implementing and monitoring various accounting policies, procedures and controls.
- Involved in year-end audit with outside accounting firm.
- Communicating with Service Center Managers while reviewing month end statements.
- Follow tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Advise on internal controls and developing efficiencies; assist in developing and maintaining policies and procedures manual. Review of bank reconciliations for multiple companies.
- Provide support to all other teams across the company as needs arise, including special projects, system improvements or ad-hoc financial analyses as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive experience in Accounting Department, ideally with supervisory and management experience and strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Experience with month-end close and dealing with multiple companies is big plus.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices.
- Advanced Excel skills & proficiency with other applications.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have excellent interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude with managers/supervisors, co-workers, visitors, customers and clients. Must be able to maintain high business ethics internally and externally. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees, as well as corporate staff and executive management. The employee must be comfortable working with targets and have strong attention to detail.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Handling of confidential information also applies.
ACV is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors
Current Job Openings
The Director of Business Development will be a highly-motivated sales professional with proven success working in the environmental services industry.Read More
The primary purpose of the General Manager is to plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of an Industrial Service Center. Responsibilities include implementing corporate policies, managing daily operations, planning developmental strategies as it relates to evaluating the competition and bidding new contracts.Read More