Job Title: Accounts Payable Manager
Reports To: Controller
Job Status: Exempt
Locations: Avenel, NJ
The accounts payable manager is responsible for managing the company accounts payable process and function in a professional and knowledgeable manner. This position directs and oversees the daily management of the accounts payable staff and processes associated with the payment of invoices, ensuring the accuracy of the entire process as it relates to vendor payment, processing of purchase orders, receiving, invoices and payment of invoices, and communication with buyers. This position ensures company policies and procedures are being adhered to as they pertain to accounts payable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages Accounts Payable Department including, Customer Vendor Relations, and the AP disbursement group which handles all check disbursements, 1099 and tax related matters.
- Manages accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and project accounting; ensures accuracy and timeliness.
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
- Enters status change information into project accounting software to ensure employee information is accurate and up to date.
- Provides accounting assistance to project managers and operations staff; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
- Acts as a liaison between the company, government and external accountants to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
- Selects and hires employees for the department including training and evaluating employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product.
- Prepares and recommends operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary.
- Minimum four years of high volume Accounts Payable experience with at least two years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related field.
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Must have large ERP AP system experience, as well as 1099 filing experience.
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting accountants, clients, and upper management.
- Excellent communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on accounting principles.
- Strong planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have excellent interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude with managers/supervisors, co-workers, visitors, customers and clients. Must be able to maintain high business ethics internally and externally. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees, as well as corporate staff and executive management. The employee must be comfortable working with targets, skilled in negotiation and have strong attention to detail.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Handling of confidential information also applies.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Current Job Openings
Location: Brooklyn, NY Dispatches drivers to calls as they are received, using information on and daily factors such as driver loads, locations, and customer needs in order to balance cost and speed of response.Read More