Job Title: Accounts Receivable Manager
Department: Accounts Receivable
Reports To: Corporate Controller
Job Status: Exempt
Locations: Avenel, NJ
The Accounts Receivable Manager will be responsible for managing invoices, handling missed payments and supervising Accounts Receivable Clerks and must be familiar with all accounting procedures and can manage daily financial transactions end-to-end.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee customer billing and cash receipts processing.
- Set objectives for the accounts receivable team that align with the accounting department’s goals.
- Monitor processing of invoices.
- Ensure timely collection of payments.
- Conduct credit checks.
- Negotiate with clients in non-payment cases.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc forecasting reports.
- Organize records of invoices, bills and deposits.
- Ensure high-quality invoicing and collection procedures that comply with the law.
- Support and manager AR Team and train new team members.
- Ensure all team members follow the accounting principles.
- Stay updated on industry and legislative changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or commensurate level of directly related work experience.
- 5-7 years of credit/collections experience.
- 2-4 years of managerial experience as an Accounts Receivable Manager or Supervisor.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent analytical skills along with the ability to create and present detailed reports.
- Ability to accurately process numerical data.
- Team management and negotiation skills.
- Problem-solving attitude.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have excellent interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude with managers/supervisors, co-workers, visitors, customers and clients. Must be able to maintain high business ethics internally and externally. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees, as well as corporate staff and executive management. The employee must be comfortable working with targets, skilled in negotiation and have strong attention to detail.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Handling of confidential information also applies.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Current Job Openings
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Office Manager, General Manager of Industrial Services and assist others as needed.Read More
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing accurate and data-based information on company’s profitability, solvency, stability and liquidity and will be responsible for researching and analyzing financial information to help company make well informed decisions.Read More