Accounts Receivable Specialist – Avenel, NJ
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Specialist
Department: Accounts Receivable
Reports To: Credit Manager
Job Status: Non-exempt
Locations: Avenel, NJ
The duties of an Accounts Receivable Specialist include collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast-paced goal oriented collections department. Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts- customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write off, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Must communicate & follow up effectively with internal business partners regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Monitor accounts to identify outstanding debts.
- Investigate historical data for each debt or bill.
- High volume phone calls to assigned delinquent customers.
- Take actions to encourage timely debt payments.
- Resolve billing and customer credit issues.
- Update account status records and collection efforts.
- Report on collection activity and accounts receivable status.
- Compiling delinquency notices.
- Processing credit memos and the appropriate reporting.
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due.
- Provide stellar service to both customers and internal stakeholders.
- Meet department goals and activity metrics.
- Research each account using company records and Internet resources that are made available.
- Conduct custom collections campaigns on each customer that consist of emails, phone calls and standard mail correspondence.
- Develop collections methods that consistently lead to achieving or exceeding company financial goals.
- Work closely with team members to create ways to bring in revenue and find success as a group.
- Solve problems quickly and create resolutions that bring in revenue on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s degree, business preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Collection Specialist or similar role.
- Familiarity with laws related to debt collection. (e.g. FDCPA)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have excellent interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude with managers/supervisors, co-workers, visitors, customers and clients. Must be able to maintain high business ethics internally and externally. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees, as well as corporate staff and executive management. The employee must be comfortable working with targets, skilled in negotiation and have strong attention to detail. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Handling of confidential information also applies.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Current Job Openings
The Regional Technical Services Manager supervises the day to day oversight of the field chemists team with in their defined territory of operations.Read More
The Senior Field Chemist is responsible to handle, classify, segregate, package & label (LAB PACKING) hazardous and non-hazardous materials according to Federal and State regulations.Read More