$2,000 sign on bonus.
Location: Washington, DC
The primary purpose of the position is to ensure that driving and operation of equipment is conducted in a safe and compliant manner. The Operator is also responsible for leading crews to ensure completions of customer projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform duties in a safe and compliant manner.
- Operate various equipment with a GCWR>26,001 lbs or more (including but not limited to Roll Off Trucks, \Tractor/ trailers, Liquid Vacs, Turbo Vacs, Sewer Cleaners, Box Trucks).
- Maintain vehicle logs.
- On-call 24 hours per day 365 days per year or “On-Call” based on the rotating “On-Call” schedule.
- May require out of town travel. Length of travel will be dependent on division working for.
- DOT Pre-trip and Post-trip inspections.
- Complete all other assignments made by management.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- CDL A with hazardous material and tanker endorsements.
- Clean driving record within the requirements as outlined in the Driver Qualification SOP.
- 1-2 years previous experience (preferably with vacuum trucks, vactors, and tankers).
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to obtain Transportation Worker (TWIC) clearance. This may not be applicable to all divisions. If required, must get within first 45 days of employment.
- Able to read, write, and understand the English language, and able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Physically able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when necessary and lift 50lbs routinely.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have good interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude at all times with managers/supervisors, co-workers, visitors, customers and clients. Must be able to maintain high business ethics internally and externally. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees, as well as corporate staff and executive management.
Current Job Openings
The primary purpose of the General Manager is to plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of an Industrial Service Center. Responsibilities include implementing corporate policies, managing daily operations, planning developmental strategies as it relates to evaluating the competition and bidding new contracts.Read More