Job Title: Driver/Operator
Reports To: Operations Manager
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Locations: New Windsor, NY
The primary purpose of the position is to ensure that driving and operation of equipment is conducted in a safe and compliant manner. The Operator is also responsible for leading crews to ensure completions of customer projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform duties in a safe and compliant manner.
- Operate various equipment with a GVW>26,000 lbs (including but not limited to Roll off trucks, • tractor/ trailers, Liquid Vacs, Turbo Vacs, Sewer Cleaners, Box Trucks).
- Maintain vehicle logs.
- On-call 24 hours per day 365 days per year or “On-Call” based on the rotating “On-Call” schedule.
- May require out of town travel. Length of travel will be dependent on division working for.
- DOT Pre-trip and Post-trip inspections.
- Complete all other assignments made by management.
- Preform other, related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- CDL A or B with hazardous material and tanker endorsements.
- Clean driving record within the requirements as outlined in the Driver Qualification SOP.
- 1-2 years previous experience (preferably with vacuum trucks, vactors, and tankers).
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to obtain Transportation Worker (TWIC) clearance. This may not be applicable to all divisions. If required, must get within first 45 days of employment.
- Able to read, write, and understand the English language, and able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Physically able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when necessary and lift > 50lbs routinely.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have good interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude at all times with managers/supervisors, co-workers, visitors, customers and clients. Must be able to maintain high business ethics internally and externally. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees, as well as corporate staff and executive management.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Handling of confidential information also applies.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds for movement of boxes and supplies. Must be able to reach, kneel, life and move heavy supplies.
This position is exposed to maintenance areas subject to OSHA which include safety precautions.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Current Job Openings
The Regional Technical Services Manager supervises the day to day oversight of the field chemists team with in their defined territory of operations.Read More