Job Title: Collections Specialist
Department: Accounts Receivable
Reports To: Accounts Receivable Manager
Job Status: Exempt
Locations: Avenel, NJ
The Collections Specialist will work in a fast-paced goal-oriented department and the duties will include managing and collection of all outstanding accounts receivables from our customers. In addition, this may include other aspects of collections, resolving customer billing issues and reducing the overall amount of accounts receivables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing and maintaining complex and customer accounts to significantly reduce past due balances and DSO.
- Partner with the Billers and Service Centers to resolve respective issues that are hindering timely payment.
- Identify root causes of collection issues to drive process improvement.
- Provide exemplary customer service to our customers and internal stakeholders.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Manager.
- Advise the Management team of any collection issues.
- Ensure all departmental goals and metrics are successfully achieved.
- Effectively track, report and resolve all outstanding disputed issues.
- Develop collections methods that consistently lead to achieving or exceeding company financial goals.
- Must be a quick problem solver and identify solutions that help improve the company’s cash flow
- Bachelor’s degree, business preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Collection Specialist or similar role.
- Must be extremely organized, driven, goal oriented and relentless in their collection efforts.
- Proficient with Excel.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Salesforce a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have excellent interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude with managers/supervisors, co-workers, visitors, customers and clients. Must be able to maintain high business ethics internally and externally. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees, as well as corporate staff and executive management. The employee must be comfortable working with targets, skilled in negotiation and have strong attention to detail. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Handling of confidential information also applies.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Current Job Openings
Field Technicians are responsible for clean ups, spills and other duties delegated by management that are within the scope of work.Read More