Depack Chemist – Lewisberry, PA
Job Title: Depack Chemist
Reports To: Lab Pack Manager
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Locations: Lewisberry, PA
The Depack Chemist will be responsible for identifying, segregating and classifying hazardous and non-hazardous waste and preparing drums for outbound loads.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unpack labpacks and process waste for the most economical means of disposal- either by pouring off or repacking.
- Handling, classifying, segregating, labeling and packaging (LAB PACKING) hazardous and non-hazardous materials according to Federal and State regulations.
- Training laboratory/production staff to understand proper chemical handling/storage techniques and relevant environmental laws.
- Perform projects pertaining to hazardous waste operations; including but not limited to sampling, drum handling and disposal.
- Ensure that waste is accurately tracked from drum to drum and from plant to final destination.
- Ensures Health and Safety policies are strictly followed at all times.
- Performs emergency response activities as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field such as Chemistry, Biology or Environmental Science preferred.
- Previous Lab Packing or Military experience is a plus.
- Strong Chemistry/Science Background.
- Pass a Pre-Employment Physical w/Drug Screen.
- Clean Driving Record for the past 2 years.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER (provided if necessary).
- Class C CDL w/ Hazmat Endorsement or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have good interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude at all times with managers/supervisors, co-workers, visitors, customers and clients. Must be able to maintain high business ethics internally and externally. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees, as well as corporate staff and executive management.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Handling of confidential information also applies.
This position is exposed to maintenance areas subject to OSHA which include safety precautions.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Current Job Openings
The Regional Technical Services Manager supervises the day to day oversight of the field chemists team with in their defined territory of operations.Read More
The Senior Field Chemist is responsible to handle, classify, segregate, package & label (LAB PACKING) hazardous and non-hazardous materials according to Federal and State regulations.Read More