Job Title: Depack Supervisor
Department: Lewisberry PA
Reports To: Operations Manager
Job Status: Non-exempt
Location: Lewisberry, PA
The Depack Supervisor is charged with managing the repack operations in the hazardous waste storage building.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage depack personnel by communicating daily goals and priorities. Monitor team progress to ensure goals are met.
- Unpack labpacks and process waste for the most economical means of disposal – either by pouring off or repacking.
- Gather packing lists from completed repack drums, proof check for compatibility, check waste codes and DOT compliance issues. Submit to end disposal facilities for approval, make corrections as needed and then manifest/ship drums once final approval has been received.
- Track Waste properly and update inventory system.
- Ensure that all ACV Safety & Compliance policies are being followed.
- Train and develop team members to create a highly functional team.
- Ensure that aisle space is maintained, that all drums are properly closed and labeled, and incompatible materials are separated. Work area must be organized and clean at all times.
- Serve as a technical resource for labpack team members. Assist with classifying, packing, and processing chemical waste.
- Ensure that team members are sampling all bulk consolidation drums and submitting samples to our in-house laboratory once filled. Have team members move filled drums out of processing area and into storage rows once sampled.
- Ensure that waste is accurately tracked from drum to drum and from plant to final destination.
- Ensure that all materials being processed are captured on a pump sheet at the beginning of each shift. Reconcile pump sheets at shift end.
- Work Saturdays as needed to keep inbound labpack inventory at acceptably low levels.
- Supervise 3 – 4 employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in science-related field preferred, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 1-2 years of hazardous waste experience preferred.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
The Depack Supervisor should have excellent organizational and communication skills with superior attention to detail and the ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize workload and projects; and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Current Job Openings
To provide in-house support to the Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Department. Further the efficiency of the organization through strong organization and planning.Read More