$2,000 sign on bonus.
Job Title: Diesel Mechanic
Reports To: Director of Maintenance
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Locations: Bridgeport, CT
Perform all equipment repairs and maintenance of all vehicles and equipment as needed for Industrial Services sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency and in accordance with company protocols and standards (i.e. brake pads, rotors, alignments, etc.).
- Examining protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks, and making adjustments as needed.
- Will be required to operate equipment such as grinders, compressors, jacks, various hand tools and other needed items in the maintenance shop.
- Change tires as needed.
- Perform all duties and tasks in the most safe and secure manner, using Personal Protective Equipment when applicable.
- Perform on-site and on road repairs as needed.
- Review Driver Pre-trip and Post-trip inspection reports. Sign off on items that have been repaired.
- Comply with all DOT regulations and standards for all on road vehicles.
- Complete all other assignments made by management.
- Comply with all USE Management System policies and procedures.
- 1-2 Years hands on experience as a Diesel Mechanic.
- Experience is a fast pace work environment.
- Ability to work in fast paced, high stress situations.
- CDL (A or B) with tanker endorsement, preferred.
- Technical skills are preferred due to use of sophisticated diagnostic equipment.
- Must be able to lift and or move 75 pounds repeatedly (e.g., grease drums, vehicle parts, grader blades).
- Profound ability to make decisions and work independently with little direction from management.
- Must be flexible with schedule and be able to be “on call” on weekends or as needed.
- Must have working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, etc.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have good interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude at all times with managers/supervisors, co-workers, •visitors, customers and clients. Must be able to maintain high business ethics internally and externally. Employee must be able to work in a fast paced and high stress environment.
Good oral communication skills to clearly understand and convey other’s message and intent, and receives and processes feedback. Ability to read, comprehend, follow instructions and work manuals.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Handling of confidential information also applies.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; minimum of 25 pounds, wear a respirator and climb up and down ladders and reach with hands and arms with use of a step stool; occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds for movement of boxes and supplies. Must be able to reach, kneel, life and move heavy supplies. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position is exposed to maintenance areas subject to OSHA which include safety precautions.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Current Job Openings
The Regional Technical Services Manager supervises the day to day oversight of the field chemists team with in their defined territory of operations.Read More