Field Technician – Newburgh, NY
Job Title: Field Technician
Reports To: Operations Manager
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Locations: Newburgh, NY
The primary purpose of the position is to ensure that Emergency Response Calls are answered in a timely manner Field Technicians are responsible for clean ups, spills and other duties delegated by management that are within the scope of work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform work under the direct guidance of a Supervisor or Foreman involving the remediation of cleanup regarding hazardous waste and materials.
- Daily work will involve confined space entry such as manholes, tank cleaning, oil spill cleanup, drum handling, decontamination, sweeping and shoveling, high pressure washing and various other remedial activities.
- On-call 24 hours per day 365 days per year or “On-Call” based on the rotating “On-Call” schedule for Emergency Response. May require out of town travel. Length of travel will be dependent on service center and on-going projects.
- Preforms other, related tasks as assigned.
- Pass a Pre-Employment Physical.
- Pass the Company’s Auto Insurance Qualifiers.
- Pass the HAZWOPER 40 hour training (provided if necessary).
- Be willing to work overtime.
- Must be 18 Years old.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s License preferred and clean MVR record for three years.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have good interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude at all times with managers/supervisors, co-workers, visitors, customers and clients. Must be able to maintain high business ethics internally and externally. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees, as well as corporate staff and executive management.
Communication Skills: Good oral communication skills to clearly understand and convey other’s message and intent, and receives and processes feedback. Ability to read, comprehend, follow instructions and work manuals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to attend to numerous details under the stress of maintaining courteous, accurate and timely relations with a variety of individuals. Ability to apply common sense and understanding the scope of the job.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Handling of confidential information also applies.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; minimum of 25 pounds, wear a respirator and climb up and down ladders and reach with hands and arms with use of a step stool; occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds for movement of boxes and supplies. Must be able to reach, kneel, life and move heavy supplies.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position is exposed to maintenance areas subject to OSHA which include safety precautions.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Current Job Openings
The Regional Technical Services Manager supervises the day to day oversight of the field chemists team with in their defined territory of operations.Read More
The Senior Field Chemist is responsible to handle, classify, segregate, package & label (LAB PACKING) hazardous and non-hazardous materials according to Federal and State regulations.Read More