Job Title: Financial Analyst
Reports To: Finance Manager
Job Status: Exempt
Locations: Avenel, NJ
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing accurate and data-based information on company’s profitability, solvency, stability and liquidity and will be responsible for researching and analyzing financial information to help company make well informed decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends.
- Create recommendations to be presented to management and executives.
- Develop financial models to support valuation, planning, and forecasting.
- Aid in the capital budgeting and expenditure planning processes.
- Reconcile existing transactions through cross-referencing of incoming and outgoing data.
- Conduct comparable analysis and market research to support internal financial analysis.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date technical knowledge on financial instruments, market conditions and trends.
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
- Analyze financial data – and create financial models for decision support.
- Reporting on financial performance and preparation for regular leadership reviews.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis; identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting and decision support.
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommending actions for optimization.
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Identifying and driving process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools and Excel dashboards.
- Increases productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics.
- 3-5 years of business finance or other relevant experience.
- High proficiency with financial modeling and techniques.
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions.
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have excellent interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude with managers/supervisors, co-workers, visitors, customers and clients. Must be able to maintain high business ethics internally and externally. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees, as well as corporate staff and executive management. The employee must be comfortable working with targets, dealing with ambiguity and possess the ability to work independently.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Handling of confidential information also applies.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Current Job Openings
The Controller will be responsible for undertaking all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedure including financial risk management.Read More