Job Title: General Manager
Department: Industrial Services/Field Services
Reports To: Regional General Manager
Job Status: Exempt
Locations: Brooklyn, NY
The primary purpose of the General Manager is to plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of an Industrial Service Center. Responsibilities include implementing corporate policies, managing daily operations, planning developmental strategies as it relates to evaluating the competition and bidding new contracts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the safe and legal removal, transportation and disposal of hazardous waste
- Analysis of financial statements, sales, activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement as it relates to EBITA to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Reviews project proposals, estimates and/or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project goals. Also ensures staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Consults with Project Coordinators and Operations Manager to ensure established work plan and staffing for each phase of a project, authorizes vendor equipment, project supplies andvpersonnel while monitoring job costs to ensure profitability.
- Forecasting budgets; staffing requirements and maintains work flow
- Approving vendors and vendor invoicing to track job costs
- Oversees the implementation of Corporate Safety policies. Ensures compliance to OSHA standards while striving for low EMR and TRIR ratings.
- Handles action line customer complaints; formulates strategies in an effort diffuse customer dissatisfaction
- Directs and coordinates organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Confers with Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) to ensure that employees comply with Company safety policies and procedures and follow applicable laws and regulations via Safety and acting when unsafe behavior or safety concerns arise
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5-8 years of experience in environmental services or waste management
- 3-5 years of experience managing and leading workforce
- Knowledge of operating procedures for industrial scale remediation projects
- Knowledge of pricing for services offered while maintaining competitive edge
The General Manager should possess the ability to organize and motivate in leading by example. Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment and meet deadlines. The ideal candidate should also have excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and time management skills with the ability to formulate and direct data analyses pertaining to field operations processes to identify problems and resolutions
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Handling of confidential information also applies.
This position is exposed to maintenance areas subject to OSHA which include safety precautions.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Current Job Openings
The Controller will be responsible for undertaking all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedure including financial risk management.Read More