Job Title: Operations Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Job Status: Exempt
Locations: Elizabeth NJ
The primary purpose of the Operations Manager is to manage training and performance of the Field Supervisor’s, Foreman, Equipment Operator’s, and Technicians. This includes but is not limited to being a subject matter expert on all field related services as they relate to remediation of Hazardous waste removal and spill clean-up.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the safe and legal removal, transportation and disposal of hazardous waste; specifically, Industrial Service, Acid Neutralization tanks, Lab Packs, Plant Projects, Utility Work, and Emergency Response.
- Reviews project proposal, estimates and/or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, ensures staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Confers with Project Coordinators to ensure established work plan and staffing for each phase of a project, and arranges for the assignment of project supplies, equipment, & personnel.
- Assigning, tracking and submitting Purchase Orders per Job number.
- Oversight of Dispatch, warehouse, field personnel and equipment.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project coordinator’s and modifies schedules or plans as required to meet deadlines and budgets.
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice, to resolve problems and ensure strict adherence to all safety related guidelines.
- Adherence to all company, client and governmental safety-guidelines.
- Ensures accountability for actual performance of Drivers and Technicians as compared to planned performance.
- Act as the subject matter expert on lab packs. Driver and Chemical Technician methods, Technical Operations (Safety) and all aspects of remediation.
- Manages route productivity, audits job sites to ensure training needs are met.
- Reviews and inspects vehicles, Employee and DOT compliance to prevent out of compliance issues.
- Manages month end inventory processes and reporting.
- Collaborates with Service Center Management to ensure safety meetings are complete and on call schedules are in place and communicated.
- Works with Health and Safety department to ensure that employees comply with Company safety policies and procedures and follow applicable laws and regulations via Safety meetings, policy and ensuring action is taken when unsafe behavior or safety concerns arise.
- Performs other, related tasks as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience managing employees in a field operations environment.
- Knowledge of Lab Pack procedures and regulations.
- Knowledge of Acid Neutralization tanks.
- Ability to organize and motivate in leading by example.
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing chaotic environment and consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and time management skills.
- Ability to formulate and direct data analyses pertaining to field operations processes to identify problems and resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage assets.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have good interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude at all times with managers/supervisors, co-workers, visitors, customers and clients. Must be able to maintain high business ethics internally and externally. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees, as well as corporate staff and executive management.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Handling of confidential information also applies.
This position is exposed to maintenance areas subject to OSHA which include safety precautions.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Current Job Openings
The Billing Coordinator/Administrator will be responsible for timely and accurate entry of billing invoices into customer portals.Read More