Payroll Specialist – Avenel, NJ
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Job Status: Exempt
Locations: Avenel, NJ
The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for the preparation and processing of weekly payroll for over 400 employees and will be responsible for reviewing and ensuring the accuracy of approved timesheets; tracking and deducting all garnishments and other payroll deductions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, prepare and input payroll data typically using automated systems to produce accurate and timely payroll.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, PTO accrual, tax deductions and benefit deductions) for management.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Stay current on payroll systems to achieve alignment with HR benefits and other related and to ensure effective accounting support.
- Entering scheduling changes in time management systems as they arise.
- Collect and summarize timekeeping information.
- Ensure that employees changes are entered accurately and in a timely manner.
- Calculate commissions.
- Process and issue annual W-2 forms and year end statements.
- Answer all questions from employees related to payroll topics.
- Associates Degree or the equivalent years of experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with payroll systems, ADP required.
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Dynamics Nav.
- Strong organizational skills and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have excellent interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude with managers/supervisors, co-workers, visitors, customers and clients. Must be able to maintain high business ethics internally and externally. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees, as well as corporate staff and executive management. The employee must be comfortable working with deadlines and have strong attention to detail.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Handling of confidential information also applies.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Current Job Openings
The Regional Technical Services Manager supervises the day to day oversight of the field chemists team with in their defined territory of operations.Read More
The Senior Field Chemist is responsible to handle, classify, segregate, package & label (LAB PACKING) hazardous and non-hazardous materials according to Federal and State regulations.Read More