Job Title: Project Coordinator
Reports To: Operations Manager
Job Status: Exempt
Locations: New Windsor, NY
The primary purpose of the Project Coordinator (PC) position is to understand the customer’s remediation and service needs as they relate to materials, personnel, equipment & documentation for remediation projects. The PC is in constant contact with the customers to advise them of scheduling and progress made on a project. In-house; the Project Coordinator arranges for the delivery of equipment, rentals and all corresponding purchase orders in an effort to track job costs. The PC submits proposals, establishes credit, overlooks the project and finalizes the billing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others and responsible for timely, accurate submission of all project activity, incident, log books and other project-related data from the field
- Prepares “field” invoice for submission to accounting department for billing; the field invoice must include all documents required to support and substantiate timely and accurate invoicing to clients
- Attends site walks to prepare reports for bidding opportunities
- Plans, coordinates and manages hazardous waste site remediation projects
- Oversee teams that perform lab pack services, segregating and classifying hazardous and non-hazardous materials per Federal DEP & EPA guidelines and State requirements.
- Complete waste profiles and regulatory documentation including manifests, Land Disposal Restrictions (LDR’s) and container labels
- Performs emergency response site evaluation activities including, but not limited to chemical and water spills, biological contamination, tank cleaning, equipment decontamination, etc.
- Perform projects pertaining to hazardous waste operations; including but not limited to evacuation, drum management and disposal
- Must oversee an emergency response team and have knowledge of all levels of Personal Protection Equipment
- Ensures Health and Safety policies are strictly followed at all times
- Project Coordinators may be on call due to the emergency response nature of this business
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- 10 – 15 years of environmental experience
- Background in hazardous waste designation
- Knowledge of Field Sampling and Hazardous Waste Disposal
- Knowledge of facility decontamination
- Knowledge of manifests and chemical profiles
- Knowledge of Tank System Management and removal
- 40 hour HAZWOPER (provided if necessary)
- Pass a Pre-Employment Physical
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have good interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude at all times with management, co-workers, subordinates and clients. They also must be able to maintain high business ethics internally and externally. PCs must have the ability to communicate effectively with all employees, customers and contracted vendors.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Handling of confidential information also applies.
This position is exposed to maintenance areas subject to OSHA which include safety precautions.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Current Job Openings
The Regional Technical Services Manager supervises the day to day oversight of the field chemists team with in their defined territory of operations.Read More