Regional Technical Services Manager – Baltimore, MD
Job Title: Regional Technical Services Manager
Reports To: Director of Technical Services
Job Status: Exempt
Locations: Baltimore, MD
The Regional Technical Services Manager supervises the day to day activities of ACV’s Environmental Specialists and Field Chemists in the greater Baltimore/DC area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with ACV’s Environmental Specialists and Field Chemists to perform lab pack services and onsite / insite programs.
- Supervise the completion of customer projects from start to finish (scoping/quoting/billing lab packs and related technical service projects).
- Maintain daily work schedule for Environmental Specialists and Field Chemists; includes scheduling jobs, cutting sales orders, creating job folders and dispatching teams.
- Complete waste profiles and regulatory documentation including Hazardous Waste Manifests, BOLs, Land Disposal Restriction forms (LDR’s) and container labels.
- Perform projects pertaining to hazardous waste operations; including but not limited to sampling, drum handling and disposal.
- Supports development of Environmental Specialist / Field Chemist employees including mentoring and progression planning.
- Ensures Health and Safety policies are strictly followed at all times.
- Performs emergency response activities as needed.
- Implements operational initiatives as developed by management.
- Supports Sales organization through scoping of Lab Pack jobs, creating quotations and profiles as necessary, and acting in capacity of subject matter expert.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology or Environmental Science preferred.
- Previous Lab Packing experience required.
- Pass a Pre-Employment Physical w/Drug Screen.
- Clean Driving Record for the past 2 years.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Experience performing high-haz chemical services preferred (remote-opening, chemical treatment/denaturing/neutralization/stabilization).
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have good interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude at all times with managers/supervisors, co-workers, visitors, customers and clients. Must be able to maintain high business ethics internally and externally. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees, as well as corporate staff and executive management.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Handling of confidential information also applies.
This position is exposed to maintenance areas subject to OSHA which include safety precautions.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Current Job Openings
The primary purpose of the Project Coordinator (PC) position is to understand the customer’s remediation and service needs as they relate to materials, personnel, equipment & documentation for remediation projects.Read More
The Senior Field Chemist is responsible to handle, classify, segregate, package & label (LAB PACKING) hazardous and non-hazardous materials according to Federal and State regulations.Read More