Job Title: Senior Accountant
Reports To: Controller
Job Status: Exempt
Locations: Avenel, NJ
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the general accounting function including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account and bank reconciliations. Assisting with monthly closings and account analysis and supporting the senior accountant in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Heavily involved in posting general entries and month end close for multiple companies.
- Updating reconciliation statement for balance sheet accounts.
- Preparing monthly reports for Corporate Controller, Accounting Manager and management.
- Involved in year-end audit with outside accounting firm.
- Communicating with Service Center Managers while reviewing month end statements.
- Follow tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Reconcile accounts to ensure accuracy for month-end close.
- Bank reconciliations for multiple companies.
- Implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive experience in Accounting Department.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Experience with month-end close and dealing with multiple companies is big plus.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have excellent interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude with managers/supervisors, co-workers, visitors, customers and clients. Must be able to maintain high business ethics internally and externally. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees, as well as corporate staff and executive management. The employee must be comfortable working with targets and have strong attention to detail.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Handling of confidential information also applies.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Current Job Openings
The Controller will be responsible for undertaking all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedure including financial risk management.Read More