Job Title: Service Center Controller
Reports To: Corporate Controller
Job Status: Exempt
Locations: Clayton, NJ
The Service Center Controller will be responsible for undertaking all aspects of financial management, including accounting, reporting, budget and forecast preparation, billing, payroll, administration, and internal controls for one or more field-based service centers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, Payroll, Fixed Assets, Purchasing, and Administration.
- Supervise billing, A/P, A/R, and administrative personnel.
- Oversee, audit, and ensure compliance with ACV’s sales order-to-cash process, including appropriate review and control of all aspects of the sales order process.
- Serve as the local subject matter expert and chief advocate for corporate financial information systems.
- Manage all aspects of cost and financial accounting for responsible business units, including maintenance of data for all aspects of cost accounting.
- Calculate and issue relevant financial and operating metrics.
- Manage the preparation of annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Ensure local management and staff has appropriate financial skill, capability, and tools to effectively manage the business profitably (coaching, training, tool development).
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Additional controller duties as necessary.
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting.
- 3-5 years’ experience in accounting and finance.
- Demonstrated experience in financial analysis, accounting, and systems.
The Service Center Controller must possess strong numerical proficiency, organization, good problem-solving skills and excellent use of logic. The Service Center Controller must have excellent leadership skills and a big-picture method to approaching tasks.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Handling of confidential information also applies.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Current Job Openings
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Office Manager, General Manager of Industrial Services and assist others as needed.Read More
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing accurate and data-based information on company’s profitability, solvency, stability and liquidity and will be responsible for researching and analyzing financial information to help company make well informed decisions.Read More