The Senior Field Chemist is responsible to handle, classify, segregate, package & label (LAB PACKING) hazardous and non-hazardous materials according to Federal and State regulations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Prepare shipping documents including but not limited to Hazardous Waste Manifests, Packing Lists, Profile Sheets, Land Disposal Restriction Forms, Bill of Ladings & more
- Enter waste into our fully electronic waste management system
- Properly load and transport waste in accordance with all DOT regulations
- Sample hazardous and non-hazardous materials with proper Personal Protective Equipment
- Field screen unknown materials through use of our Hazardous Categorization Test Kits
- Assist the Treatment Storage and Disposal Facility team to process inbound waste from the field teams
- A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology, or a related field is preferred
- A background in or desire to learn chemical handling or waste management is preferred
- Individuals with lab experience and a willingness to transition into a travel-based field position will be considered
- Knowledge of OSHA, RCRA or DOT regulations are preferred
- Individuals with a commercial driver’s license are preferred
- All Senior Field Chemists must complete a DOT physical examination, drug screen & background check
- The ability to wear a respirator (clean shaven)
- A valid driver’s license and clean driver history
- Within 120 days of employment field chemists must obtain a CDL-C with haz-mat endorsement.
- ACV Enviro will provide all necessary trainings during this period
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Current Job Openings
The Regional Technical Services Manager supervises the day to day oversight of the field chemists team with in their defined territory of operations.Read More